There are many opportunities that we have lost because we were not confident enough. We were/are shy and let other people take the show.
But regret is always coming and stay with you even years after. I know, I have been there before. It is important to realize how many important things that we can lose because we are lack of confidence.
Once you see this, stand up and force yourself to boost your confidence. You don’t have to change everything in one day. Don’t forget, Rome wasn’t built in a day either! Why you should build your confidence and strength in a day?!
Nope… step by step. Enjoy the ride and be proud of yourself for every small achievement.
A few tips that can help you to be more confident.
– buy a few new clothes or have your hair changed: your personal look is really important. You have to feel good in your skin. This is the main things. Once you do, people will sense it.
– learn something new: studying always gives me confidence. This is something that nobody can take away from me and it makes me proud.
– work with different people: see the opportunities to meet/work with different people. More personalities, different ways of thinking can stimulate you. Not everything is black and white. Try to find the grey areas.
– get out and talk: push yourself to express your thoughts to others, talk about yourself, don’t be ashamed of who you are. The right people will like you! Find them.
– accept invitations: meet with your friend’s friend. These events force you to step out of your comfort zone a bit. Your friends are still with you, but you need to talk with strangers as well. This is a win-win situation for you.
– make a list what have you achieved so far: you might think that you haven’t put anything on the table, but then you can realize how many things you have achieved and it definitely makes you proud.
Is there anything on the list that you would like to add? Leave a comment!