I had always struggled to plan what to cook and eat. Usually, I ended up eating junk or some takeaway, when I was busy and I didn’t have time to go shopping and cooking before I started starving.
This has been changed since my friend helped me only 1-week plan! I was really motivated (with some other personal reason) and realized it doesn’t take much time to plan and organize everything for a weekly plan. Actually, believe it or not, it is even easier than find out what to eat tomorrow.
Here is my advice:
- Sit down and create 7 days table. You could use Excel or paper. I use Excel because it faster to copy and paste and it is more clear for me.
- Leave space for Breakfast, Lunch, Snack and Dinner each day.
- Check your weekly schedule. When do you have meetings? When do you go out?
- I start with Breakfast and Snack because it is easier to mix them. Choose a few options for each and mix them during the week.
For breakfast, I usually eat porridge, yogurt with berries or raspberries or eggs. A snack could be nuts, fruits or smoothie. I check what my work schedule is and choose which will be the best option for the day.
- Then I start to plan lunch and dinner together. I eat meat (chicken, salmon, fish, turkey, meatball) and different sides (sweet potato, rice, veggie such as broccoli, cauliflower, pea, mixed salad). Usually, the same meat could be rotated 2-3 times during a week either for lunch or dinner. Because all of them are easy and not fat, could be perfect for any time.
- Write down what ingredients do you need for a week and do the shopping.
- Use a lunch box for preparation.
You can find many websites to get some ideas, recipes and advice. For some tips, come back on Thursday.